With the amount of search queries occurring on a daily basis on Google alone (the company reports 3.5 billion search inquiries a day – or 40,000 a second), it’s a logical conclusion that consumers today are technologically oriented. As we mentioned in our blog post The Importance of Original Content, with this type of movement in the marketing world it’s important that your company takes steps to ensure your target audience can find your website. However, getting found is only part of the battle. It’s equally important to ensure that when your audience finds you, they’re seeing the best representation of your company. Here are some signs that your website might be in need of a facelift.
1) Your site doesn’t work well in mobile – Google reports that over 50% of search queries now occur on mobile devices, and that number appears to simply be growing year over year. With a majority of consumers now looking for products and engaging with companies on mobile devices it’s important that a company’s website be usable on a small screen. From graphics to forms you want to make sure that all of your content is visually pleasing and also manageable for site visitors. The best way to ensure your website meets this requirement is with a responsive design. Some companies might offer to build you a separate mobile friendly version of your site, but with the way current trends are moving, and to ensure your consumers get all of your relevant information we encourage those looking for a redesign to opt for a fully responsive website. At Wonderboy Creative we always design with mobile in mind and always build responsive websites.
2) It’s Slow – Reports show that consumers expect website pages to load in less than 2 seconds. That’s the beauty of a digital age where people want content and they want it quickly. Don’t risk high bounce rates or missed sales opportunities with a slow website. Give your company a boost by updating your website to produce load time speeds that consumers have come to expect. A few easy fixes you can implement include optimizing your images for web, making sure you’re using a fast hosting service, and reducing the number of plugins you’re using.
3) It Looks Outdated – If you look at your website and are embarrassed to give out your URL then that’s a major indicator that it’s time for a redesign. Website trends have evolved in leaps and bounds over the last several years. Just like slow speeds and old content can be off-putting to your consumers, so can outdated graphics. Our team at Wonderboy Creative recognizes that trends come and go, and we always recommend that our clients choose a strong design, that fits with current trends but will also be relevant for more than just a few weeks or months.
4) Your visitors aren’t sticking around – Web statistics can offer you great insight into whether or not your current website is serving your business well. If your visitors don’t stick around on your website very long, or don’t visit very many pages, that’s usually a good indicator that your audience doesn’t find your website very useful. If this is the case, consider redesigning your website with your target audience in mind, and providing the content that will keep them engaged with your product or service.
5) You don’t have a website – back in the early days of the internet, you were ahead of your competition if you just had a website. Today we live in a world where technology dominates and if your business doesn’t have a website you’re missing out on potential customers. Referencing the Google search numbers alone tells you that people are looking for opportunities to engage with businesses online and it’s nearly impossible to reach that demographic if you don’t have an online presence.
At Wonderboy Creative we work to stay at the forefront of website trends, providing our clients with beautifully designed, optimized websites to reach their target audience. If your website is in need of a redesign get ahold of us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-629-0604.